Terms and Conditions
These are the only accepted terms and conditions under which all services are supplied by Build Aviator.
- Using the drawings/plans and speciﬁcations you have provided we (Build Aviator) provide an estimating service and produce an estimate of the expected costs involved in completing the work.
- You have the option to select each of the services provided by us in the ‘Estimating Services’ section of our website; samples of what can be expected from each of these services can also be found in the ‘Estimating Services’ section.
- We aim to complete the estimate within the time frame agreed once we have received drawings/plans (subject to these being received before 4pm) and payment. The completed estimate will be returned to you in PDF format, client copy of your complete estimate will be returned once you have confirmed you are happy with what has been quoted.
- We can customise and amend items to your speciﬁc requirements such as labour rates and proﬁt margins, once you have placed your order you will be navigated to a secure page on our website where you are able to upload your plans and let us know your requirements.
- Should your drawings/plans not include any dimensions, we will have no choice but to scale from the drawings/plans in order to gauge those dimensions.
- Due to the nature of plumbing and electrics being so variable in terms of speciﬁcation, our company policy is to provide PC sums for this work and any specialist items/ﬁttings such as Kitchens, Bathrooms and furnishings to ensure they are allowed for without causing the overall cost of the work to become inaccurate. This is why we provide a quotation details form after payment so customers can let us know how much they would like to allow for these. We provide a free reviewing service and recommend that you use this service before submitting the tender.
- Due to a vast array of options in construction, there will be elements of jobs that cannot be sensibly priced and will either not be priced or a P.C Sum will be used unless we are able to receive a quote from a third party company. This will be used for Works such as and not limited to, piled foundations, steel framing, some cladding and some specialist post and frame buildings. Often where specialist contractors are required these works will fall into this type category.
- All Build Aviator estimates created for our customers include an 8% contingency. This amount cannot be removed from any estimate created and by accepting our service you, in turn, agree to this contingency as part of your costing.
- We agree to provide our services to you once you have paid in full for the requested service(s) and have provided a full set of drawings/plans and specification if required.
- We reserve the right to amend our price lists at any time and without prior notice.
- We will start work as soon as the payment has been processed and the drawings/plans and specification have been received and we therefore reserve the right to charge the full order price should you cancel your order.
- Once work has been started on an estimate, a refund cannot be given. Work started becomes in eﬀect from the date of payment.
- In the instance of complaint, or a request for a refund this will be dealt with within a two-week period. All complaints and refund requests must be recorded via email conversation, as to keep all information accessible for reviewing purposes.
- An invoice will be emailed to you via the email address supplied at completion of order. If you would like particular details recorded on your invoice, please let us know before payment has been taken.
- All estimates produced by Build Aviator are estimates and are not intended to be ﬁxed quotations. We cannot guarantee or accept responsibility for any variations in the actual build cost.
- We have no responsibility to you other than to complete and return the estimates and to provide a free reviewing service
- You acknowledge that any estimate of quantities needed, advice as to the suitability of any goods for any particular purpose and any plan or measurement given by us is given for guidance only and without liability.
- Any typing error or clerical omission in any sales literature, website content, price list, estimate or any other document issued by Build Aviator may be corrected without any liability.
- Any personal data provided by you about your company/personal details will be shared internally with the other Businesses and with our subsidiaries and associated companies where it is in our legitimate interests to do so. We will also share your personal information to third parties where they are relevant to you or your business. For more information please visit http://www.buildaviator.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy/
- We are entitled to cancel the contract or reduce the volume of service provided if we are forced to do so by circumstances out of our control such as industrial action, war, ﬁre, natural disasters and so on; we will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred from this.
- We accept no liability for any item lost in the post. Any drawings/plans posted to us using Royal Mail should be full size copies of the originals.
- We may terminate the contract should you become bankrupt or insolvent; notice will be given by us in this event.
- We may make improvements and changes deemed necessary to the service from time to time without giving you notice.
- We exclude ourselves and our associates of any liability for loss or proﬁt, business, information/data or any other ﬁnancial loss or any incidental, indirect, special or punitive damages of any kind.
- The contract is made once you have paid for the services.
Your responsibilities as the Main Contractor:
This Estimate is based upon the drawings and information supplied by you (the Main Contractor) in relation to this project.
This Estimate is based upon information relating to your working practices and additional information provided during your discussions with our Designer at the pre-estimate stage.
If you have not spoken to a Build Aviator Designer please ensure you call to discuss this estimate prior to submission to your Client by dialling: 03333 321518.
PC Sums have been allowed for in the areas of (and not limited to); special order items, bathrooms, en-suites, kitchens, plumbing, electrics, piled foundations, steel frames etc. where no speciﬁc information has been provided.
Deﬁnition of Prime Cost sums (pc sums): An allowance has been calculated for the supply of work or materials or both to be provided by a contractor or supplier that will be nominated by the client, the allowance is exclusive of any proﬁt mark up or attendance (such as material handling, scaﬀolding and rubbish clearance etc) by the main contractor. Payments are based on the quotation/invoices of the supplied items by the contractor plus addition of reasonable / agreed percentages for overhead costs and proﬁts. If the contractors actual cost is higher than the stated amount then the contract sum will be increased to meet any shortfall and if the cost to the contractor is lower, then the contract sum will be reduced by the balance.
When the Estimate has been completed it is your sole responsibility as the Main Contractor to check the estimate to make sure that all items have been included for by the Build Aviator Designer team and that you are fully happy and in agreement with the estimate before it is used for quotation and tendering purposes.
If the Estimate requires any alterations to meet your expected project cost, please contact the Build Aviator Team who can make the necessary amendments and provide new reports for both you and your Client by dialling 03333 321518 or emailing details to [email protected]
It is your sole responsibility as Main Contractor to ensure that the speciﬁcation included in our Estimate complies with all Building Regulations and that all building systems and product stated meet the required standards in relation to both; “building practices” and “Warranty / Guarantee” satisfactions